VAIDS

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

#WCW : Helen Folasade Adu is a woman who never settles for less.

Happy Birthday !!!

#WCW of the week is Sade Adu who celebrated 59th birthday yesterday 16th, January 2018..............


Sade Adu Born on January 16, 1959, in Ibadan, Nigeria, Sade was raised in London. In the early 1980s, she signed with Epic Records and recorded her first album, Diamond Life, in 1984. A huge hit thanks to such singles as 'Smooth Operator,' the album won Sade a Best New Artist ....., simply Icon of music, Sade is a Nigerian British singer-songwriter, composer, arranger and record producer. Backed by members Paul S. Denman, Andrew Hale and Stuart Matthewman, she gained worldwide fame as the lead vocalist of the English band Sade. Following a ...

 she quotes: “But I was determined to try my best, and I decided that if I was going to sing, I would sing the way I speak, because it's important to be yourself.”

"You can talk about stuff and sing about stuff but if you don't live it in the end then it's all fake." —Sade

“I've got absolutely no real perception, properly, of time,”

 

I was pretty much one of the lads, but I was an old soul even when I was a child.”

 

“Artistically, I have high aspirations. I don’t want to do anything less than the best I can do,” she says.

Do you consider yourself a romantic?
I don’t think I’ve ever really known what romance is. I’m a mixture of being really idealistic and hopeful, and really pessimistic about our future. I’ve always been like that. Because of my age, I’ve been thinking a lot about what we are going to do, how we are going to get out of this mess. I guess on a big scale, I’m a bit of a pessimist when I look at the world economically, where we are at this stage and how unbalanced everything is. But, individually, as far as people are concerned, I’m an optimist, because I believe there’s a lot of good in people. When it comes to trusting people, I have quite good instincts. I’m a bit witchy; witchy woman. [laughs] I think now, I’m less open than I used to be sometimes, because I have to protect myself. 

  

Click to read more of her interview......

https://www.sade.com/biography

http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2015/07/sade-interview

https://www.soulhead.com/2012/05/07/rare-sade-interview-sade-emerges-from-her-country-retreatby-robert-sandall-from-january-31-2010-from-uk-daily-times/

http://www.thefader.com/2015/01/16/sade-lovers-rock-cover-story-interview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO